To be eligible for study abroad, you must:
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate Rice student at the time of application
- Have completed freshman year
- Have watched the Step One online video
- Be in good academic standing
- Be in good disciplinary standing
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Note: If you are a citizen of or spent a prolonged period of time in a country that you are considering for study abroad, please consult a Study Abroad Advisor prior to starting an application.
GPA note: Some study abroad programs require a minimum GPA above 3.0, and may further require a higher GPA for certain departments. Carefully review the course information for your chosen program and consult with your study abroad advisor as necessary.
Before departure, you must:
- Complete all required paperwork by the assigned deadline
- Secure transfer credit evaluation/pre-approval of proposed courses abroad
- Attend the mandatory Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation
Eligibility note: Students who do not meet these requirements are not authorized by Rice University to study abroad, regardless of the minimum requirements for individual study abroad programs.